Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Origins

After years of following blogs and thinking, "I want to do that..." (blog, that is) I've finally jumped on the bandwagon. I'm hoping that this will be a fun way for me to catalog my exciting finds and DIY projects that I've attempted, but I also plan on it not becoming anything serious. Mainly because I already have a hard time pulling myself away from blogs, but also because I recognize that there are countless blogs out there and mine will most likely not be original enough to keep up with them. But, I can still have fun with it, and it will be nice to now have an online identity for people to connect with when I post on their blogs. :)

It took me a while to settle on a name for my blog, but I think I found the right fit in "thrift seeking". It's slightly clever (in that it's a play on words for "thrill seeking"), slightly original (as I can't find any use of it elsewhere), and it really is what (I imagine) my blog will mostly be about: I love to find amazing deals and secondhand finds, and I want to encourage more people to embrace secondhand shopping as a stigma-free way of shopping responsibly: you CAN find/buy nice things without your money supporting unfair labor practices, and/or contributing to a culture of consumerism.

So with that said, there's the rationale behind my blog, and before long I will begin posting some actual content. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment